This script lets you create boxes of various sizes in Aseprite.
You can set a custom color for each of the sides, set a highlight and stroke color. You can also choose between two types of the corners: 2px and 3px. You can read more about the differences here.
There are two versions of the script: Regular and Lite.
Lite version generates a stroke only boxes, intended for quick prototyping with basic wired box without any colors. Using Regular version you can set a custom color for each of the sides of the box. By default it will generate shades of your current foreground color.
- Custom X, Y and Z size of the box
- Custom colors for Stroke, Highlight and each side of the box
- Two types of the corners: 2px and 3px (Read more)
- Optional Lite version of the script with a basic wired box for quick prototyping
Currently, Regular version of the script has some limitations of the box size. It is somewhere in the range of 30×30×30 but may vary. For example, you can have a box of 10×40×30 or 5×40×35 etc. Just try to mix and match different dimensions.
As far as I know, Lite version doesn't have this issue.
Hopefully, I'll be able to fix this limitation in future updates.
- Open Aseprite
- Go to File → Scripts → Open Scripts Folder
- Place downloaded LUA files into previously opened directory
- Restart Aseprite
You will find installed scripts under File → Scripts menu. You can add shortcuts to each script under Edit → Keyboard Shortcuts (Read more)
You can also create a separate folder for these scripts for better organization (Read more)
Special thanks to @davidcapello for giving tips on how to improve the code 🙌